Monday, July 2, 2012

Fire at Scarlett-Mitchell fields yesterday

Gentle Readers, in case you haven't noticed, it's been pretty dry lately. Damn Arbor reader Dan Katz, sent in the following tip and picture:
The playing fields were so dry yesterday, that a huge chunk burned when some teenager (allegedly) threw out a cigarette butt. Luckily some frisbee players arrived right after, and called the fire department, which put it out pretty quick, but damn, shit's dry.
What's the take home message here? Frisbee players are good samaritans.

1 comment:

  1. We sure are :)

    Approaching the fields I thought it was a tarp or something. Glad A2Ultimate had league play that day or it might've gone unnoticed for a bit longer.