Here is the original post:
Guy who honked at me - w4m - 23 (A2)
Do it again and I will shoot out your windshield, motherfucker.
Your harassment is not welcome.
That goes for all of you.
Here's the response:
re: Guy who honked at me=(
Stop wearing next to nothing and jogging down busy roads. Whore.
Here are the remainder of the posts in the exchange. I'll just post links and titles, because you can basically get the gist.
3. Re: re: re: guy who honked at me - m4w (A2)So, in closing I'd just like to emphatically say: no, it's not honk at/holler at women who are jogging/running/walking outside, or in general. It can make people feel unwelcome and unsafe. We all have the right to feel safe and respected in our public spaces. Gentle readers of the male persuasion, I know you aren't the ones who are doing the hollering/honking, but as men, dudes, dude-bros and dude-brahs, some responsibility falls on us to help educate our bros about gender violence and rape culture.
5. Guy who honked at me. (Hate and discontent ) This post is noteworthy. It seems to be the guy who posted number 3. It's in response to number 4. He first re-posts all of response number 4. Then copy edits it making some minor grammatical changes. Finally he posts a third version where he adds his own parenthetical rebuttals. This is the true mark of a great argument on the internet. Remember, if you don't agree with something someone said on the internet, don't try to make a convincing counter argument, just correct their spelling and grammar.
6. RE: Guy who honked at me -To the OP This one contains the choice line "On a side note, anybody who runs down the busiest road in town (I know it's not you), wants to be seen. I don't care how much the other poster protests, it's the truth. Man or women wearing next to no clothes on Huron, Main, or any other busy road (at rush hour) wants everybody to see them." As someone who runs outside, I just don't think that's true. If you want to run more than a mile, at some point you will have to cross a busy road. Just my two cents.
7. RE: Guy that honked - m4w (State of Zen) Based on his extensive usage of ALL CAPS, I think it's safe to assume this guy was not posting from a state of Zen.
9. Girl who i honked at - m4w - 23 (A2) Here the poster asks all beauties on Missed Connections if they care to chat.
11. re: guy who honked/thoughts on misogyny (not rants and raves?) This is a really great cap to the whole exchange. Here the poster essentially blames the existence of misogyny on women overreacting to getting cat-called and honked at. I mean wow.