Ann Arbor.com apparently does weekly "Best of" contests, and this week the focus is on local coffeeshops. Shockingly, my coffeeshop of choice is not in first place.
There are several indisputable facts about Comet Coffee (16 Nickels Arcade, by North University and State Street):
- The coffee is the best in A2.
- It is the cutest space (tiles!).
- The staff is lovable and hilarious.
- They give you the greatest number of options.
- There's no better place to get your coffee questions answered.
Sure, people complain that it's small (wait long enough and you'll get a seat), there's no plugs (this helps you get a seat faster, silly), and the line can be long (isn't that proof that this is the best place for coffee). But those complaints are for people who value other things more than coffee.
The choice is clear.